Wednesday, October 15, 2014

CJ (#38) Second Letter (part II)

This post continues the content of a letter written "14th March 1686/7" by William Fitzhugh (FI-1) to Nicholas Spencer (SPE-1). [See last post that begins this correspondence regarding our Cadwallader Jones (JO-1).]

"...that you would either to Mr. Spicer (SP-1), or some other knowing & interest person in that County to see the same duely executed, & fully & discreetly prosecuted. and I will deliver your Instructions & directions therein, with my own hand, to the person directed, & contribute what lies in my power to their assistance, I wish you may secure your own, but for my Lord Culpepper's (CU-1), I look upon it almost impossible to secure, I am sure improbable, nor can't advise in any measure to be taken therein, for by all that I can learn there's hardly Estate enough to answer your debt, which is not particularly & by name bound over, besides a great deal that is bound over in general terms..."

The remainder of the letter discusses other topics and events which have concerned the folks of the day.  It would seem that Fitzhugh (FI-1) essentially suggest that there is little hope of receiving any debt from the estate of our Cadwallader (JO-1).

No comments:

Post a Comment