Wednesday, January 30, 2013

CJ (#18) A Witness

Cadwallader Jones (JO-1) had become active in the legal system in place (Old) Rappahannock County 1677 - 1682.  He is witness on a number of records that are recorded in these documents.  During October 1682, the following is recorded:

"To All To Whome it may concern, I Eliz.Richardson (RIC-1) of County of Rappa. doe hereby impower Mr. Richard Bray (BR-1) my true and lawfull attorney for me to make acknowledgement in ye Court of Rappae: all my right or title of Dower to certain land contained in an Indenture of bargaine & sale by me ye said Eliza. & Roger Richardson (RIC-2) my now lawfull Husband, hereby confirming wtsoever my sd atorney shall doe to be as valid as if I were psonally prst.; further I doe here freely & of my own accord without ye threat or compultion of my sd Husband  In Witness I have set my hand day above written

Witness      Arthur Spicer (SP-1)                                           Eliza. Richardson (RIC-1)
         Cadwallader Jones (JO-1)     

Recordatr in Cur Com Rappae: 7 die 8bris 1682"

The "Indenture" is record 19 Oct. 1682 and is also signed by Cadwallader Jones (JO-1).

This indenture was between Roger Richardson (RIC-2), planter and his wife Elizabeth (RIC-1) [one part] and Rees Evans (EV-5) [second part].  Arthur Spicer (SP-1), Rich. Bray (BR-1), Wm. Buckner (BUC-2) along with Cadwallader Jones (JO-1) served as witness.
            [(Old) Rappahannock County Deeds & Wills 1677 - 1682, Part II, pp.366-367.]
            [p. 144 Ruth & Sam Sparacio, RK.DW-10/90 ]

The name "...ye Creek called ye Golden Vale" is listed in this indenture with the initial land being sold to Roger Richardson (RIC-1) from John Prosser (PRO-1) 28th October, 1665.  Both these names are important in sorting out all these connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment