Tuesday, October 16, 2018

BUL : Letters (2)

Phillip Ludwell's (LU-1) letter to Cadwallader Jones (JO-1) as abstracted by Thomas Bulkley (BUL-1) continues as written :

"...I do not see that you Act as you ought, without doubt your Government has not been without some Irregularitys; but yet cannot possibly think the putting you from the Government, Imprisoning you, and taking the Administration of the government on them, was well done, by those that did it.  I am sorry to find your disorders run so high, as Charges with High Treason, as I perceive Mr. Bulkley and you do each other.  What inconveniencys you may both draw on your selves, by thus sillily Charging each other, I know now; but sure I am, no good can come to either, by it.  And now I must come to my last part, at present; which is, to desire you, and I do hereby Conjure, and Require you, that you do (on your part) lay by all Quarrels, and Animossitiys, and carry all matters; Fairly, and Quietly, as you ought; till the Lords Proprietors do send further Directions, which I doubt not you will (in as short time as may be) receive from them"

No comments:

Post a Comment